Description of Black Tiger ‘Midnight Prince’
Name: Caridina spec. Black Tiger ‘Midnight Prince’
Grade system: as Black Tigers BT0-BT 5 (more details will follow)
Phenotypes selected by:
- extreme solid black ( OE also)
- extrem solid blue ( OE also)
- extrem solid black/blue with thin typically pattern of tiger ancestors, fan tip pattern mostly
- spider legs
Other appearing phenotypes :
- striped/ trancparency variants (OE also)
- purple red, extrem rusty
- white longitudinal body pattern (rare)
- bluish cuticle (body) pigments
- unlike tiger pattern (unwanted)
- long and small carapace unlike Bee shrimps (unwanted if appears too short)
- other colors <1%
Story of development/ pedigree:
C. spec. Midnight Prince was Shrimp Arts first stable breed that got international attention. A kind of Black Tiger that based mostly on origin Black Tiger of german origin Breeder Kai Quante and best OE Blue Tigers that could be found by time of start. Distinct pattern and genes of entire Shrimp Art’s Safari lines based on this kind of Black Tigers used around 2010.
- 2008-2011 breeding start and developing
- 2012/13 Midnight Prince published in a japanese shrimp magazine, BK Vol.1 and introduced at Internationales Garnelenchampionat Hannover Germany
- 2014/2015 unfortunately population broke down to just a handful pieces. Due to selected the genpool to close (beginner fault), over years
- 2016/17 Shrimp Art rebuild the strain to keep the worthy genes and interesting phenotypes as priority. Widened up their genpool enormously by inserting genes of two different Caridina Tiger types in minimal percentage (10-20%) and breed them back to basically true breed phenotypes described above, made them healthy and strong again.
- 2018 Midnight Prince Retro relaunch, origins proofed with Shrimp Art’s Black Tiger coin.
More about Midnight Princes in old german blog archive ‘Mo’s Crazy Shrimps’